Sunday, November 27, 2011
This year for Thanksgiving, Amanda and I went to Nalani and Jed's house (cousins on my Dad's side). Some more cousins were there, along with aunts and uncles and Nalani's friends. As a teenager, I dreaded family gatherings where strange old people hugged me and said "You're huge!" ("SO ARE YOU!" was my response) But I have come to really enjoy family events. Its fun to see similarities between my parents and their siblings. Its cool how so many people automatically love you just cuz you're related. Its nice to be a part of something so loving.
If you know my mother Jana Bell, you know she loves decorating and entertaining, and she's good at it! One year, a conversation between my mom and I went as follows:
Mom: "What should we do to decorate the table for Thanksgiving this year?"
Me:"Well last year's set up was beautiful. Why don't we just do the same thing this year?"
Mom: "Robin I cant just do the same thing. That's like wearing last year's prom dress!"
I know not everyone cares about the display of Thanksgiving dinner but I sure like it. That being said, I really appreciated how beautiful everything was at Nalani's. The table was set using her Grandma's China, napkin holders, tall stemmed glasses... everything to make it feel like a special occasion.
Yesterday I had a friend run the Santa Clause 5k here. Every runner got the same Santa suit/beard, so there were herd's of Santa's running up and down the streets of Ogden. Afterward was a little Holiday parade and the lighting of the Christmas village "downtown." We didn't stay for all the festivities (we were frozen!) but it was great to start the holidays.
I was Cindy Lou Who from the Grinch for Halloween. I had to think of a costume for work that would still be obvious with my lab coat covering me from shoulders to knees. I have a mini water bottle inside my hair and wires in my pig tails. I had to drive with my head sideways so my hair could clear the Jeep's ceiling.
The End. Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love you like 100 times more than I do before reading you posts. I don't know how you do it, every time. Obviously, by now, I love you A LOT. Then end ;)
Post a Comment